Opportunities, Inc. formed in 1964 as part of President Lyndon Johnson’s War on Poverty through the Economic Opportunity Act. It opened with 70 support staff and was first located at 114 East 1st Street in Watonga, OK. Now 50 years later, our main office is located at 117 West Russworm in Watonga, OK, with a supportive staff of 16 located throughout 13 counties: Alfalfa, Beaver, Blaine, Cimarron, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Harper, Kingfisher, Major, Texas, Woods, and Woodward.
Funded by government grants and donations from the surrounding communities, Opportunities, Inc. offers a variety of programs and services that fit the needs of the low-income and poverty stricken individuals and families that live within the 13 counties under our jurisdiction. We currently offer:
· Affordable Housing (HUD & USDA)
· Emergency Assistance
· Food and Clothing Pantry
· Food nutrition programs for licensed home daycares
· Outreach Services (Located in Watonga, Clinton, Woodward, and Guymon)
· Prescription and Insurance Assistance programs (RX, SHIP, MIPPA)
· Retired Seniors Volunteer Program (RSVP)
· Tax assistance and basic preparation (VITA)
Each county is different and Opportunities, Inc. assesses the needs of each individual community and distributes the programs accordingly. Helping everyone from seniors to infants, Opportunities, Inc. is here to help you in your time of need.